[simpits-tech] Falcon4 BMS: pit builder news

Ido Dekkers idekkers at clicksoftware.com
Mon Mar 1 17:47:04 PST 2004

and how much time do we think the source code of BMS will " Accidentally"
be " leaked" to the internet since so many people have it now ?

             "Erwin Neyt"
             <erwin at sim-instru
             ments.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  "'Simulator Cockpit tech list'"
             simpits-tech-boun         <simpits-tech at simpits.org>
             ces at simpits.org                                            cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/01/2004 17:45          RE: [simpits-tech] Falcon4 BMS: pit
                                       builder news

             Please respond to
             erwin at sim-instrum
             ents.com; Please
                respond to
             Simulator Cockpit
                 tech list
             <simpits-tech at sim
                 pits.org>

To quote Claude:

"G2Interactive, Inc. has determined that it is in the best interest of
G2Interactive and that of the Community to decline the contract amendment
proposal offered by Atari. All effort to further develop any product based
on the intellectual property owned by Atari has been discontinued."

This means basically the development by G2I, and thus BMS has ceased. My
most logical deduction would be that Atari was not satisfied and did not
allow the OIR version to be released under the Atari brand name. And as the
license has expired a few months ago, I assume Atari is considering other
options.

I guess this all was to be expected, it just is shameful the community
effort is wasted again.

Erwin.