[simpits-tech] Re: mil-specs

Jim K. JimK at sisna.com
Wed Jun 16 19:06:06 PDT 2004

Gene,
Thanks for the specs.   I've tried to find these things on the net but like
FRED mentioned in another post the only places I could find them were on
pay sites.

I've been talking with some mil spec panel manufacturing personnel over the
past month and got a lot of really good information from them about how
they make their panels.   They have been great to talk to.   One is an
Engineering Manager and he has been outstanding in assisting me.

I think i have a pretty good handle on exactly how the panels are made and
what materials and electronics.   I'm now working on a way with a few
friends to get them made in a way that we can afford them.   I want panels
that look exactly like the real thing and are "backlightable"

I'll keep you guys posted.
Jim