[simpits-tech] lamps

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Tue Jun 15 14:39:04 PDT 2004

David,

	The T1 3/4 is the actual glass size, not the overall lamp, like a 327.
These are bi-pin units that go through the aluminum backing to sockets on
the pcb that mounts the front components.

	At Wichita, I saw the display of Paramount Panels and could pick up and
closely examine the different panels. I saw the embedded wire run/lamp
combination. I also saw an EL illuminated panel. The old standby that has
the through panel Grimes edge lights was also on display. They had one that
was 1/2 and 1/2 old and new. With paint thickness in the thousandths, I
cannot imagine the engraver that is sensitive enough to only cut the top
layer and not remove the underlying one. Fascinating!

	I did get an invite to visit Paramount, but since I live on the other
coast, it will have to be in the future.

Fred Mahone