[simpits-tech] Wulfsburg

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Jun 15 11:04:01 PDT 2004

Oh, I though you said it used T1-3/4 bulbs.  Nevermind. :)

> 	I think government specs go out of their way to be costly. Your
> tax money at waste!

It's not the spec that is costly, it's all the QC personnel you have to
hire to verify and _document_ that it meets the spec.

Another factor is the extremely low production volumes involved.  It's a
lot cheaper to build 5,000 of something than it is to build 5.  Also, most
panels are hand-airbrushed to get the lighting even.  I bet there's a guy
here that recently took a tour of a company that builds panels that could
write up a neat article describing the process.  If he was so inclined.
*hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge* :)