[simpits-tech] panels

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Tue Jun 15 12:33:50 PDT 2004

Two layers of paint, even epoxy, does not seem very durable. I guess that
is why I found eight different places that refurbish aviation panels.

The front panel of my Wulfsberg control head appears to be white plastic
with flat black paint. The rear of the panel shows white around the lamps.
I do not know how they could get a laser to etch vertical hole sides of .25
inch holes. I guess Wulfsberg did not use mil-spec panels.

I checked on a replacement for the audio panel as it had seen better days
and was quoted $700.00! This is for a 1.25 by 5.25 inch panel.

Fred Mahone