[simpits-tech] BPL

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Tue Jul 20 19:16:32 PDT 2004

Fred Mahone wrote:
> You had better hope that they never bring BPL your way. Broadband over
> Power Lines produces interference to real users of the
> RF spectrum, including aircraft communications. The local governments
> are
> chomping at the bit to get it as it is another cash cow to be milked
> dry.

Every organization that uses radio frequencies that I know of is trying to
get that whole project blown out of the water. The AMA (the model airplane
mofia) is jumping and screaming about it since it will pretty much end the
hobby for anyone within 5 miles of power lines. Which is just about
everyone.

Speaking of model airplanes, I'm going flying. Near power lines. While I
still can :)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net