[simpits-tech] Nascar Thunder 2004

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Fri Jul 16 14:37:28 PDT 2004

On Friday 16 July 2004 08:52 am, Brian Sikkema wrote:
> >What kind of controller you using?
>
> I've got a CH Flight sim yoke and a set of CH pedals. Old, and gameport.
> Nothing optical about these things. I think, though, if I play around with
> the settings some more I'll get it to a controllable setup.
>
> Brian

	Nope, I wouldn't bother with it. Unless the yoke is a WHOLE lot better than
my Logitech Wingman Digital, you're just fighting for a lost cause here. I'd
look for a new USB wheel made by a reputable outfit (I hear USB doesn't have
the old drift/jitter/calibration issues). Better yet, if precision is all you
need, get a Sidewinder FF Pro or other optical joystick. NO calibration (in
fact you *can't* calibrate it, at least not in Windows' hardware section), NO
drift, and NO JITTER. After having this thing I don't understand how I
SURVIVED with potentiometers on a gameport. You'll never want to go back.
It's really cool to run a joystick test app and see EXACTLY the same values
on all extremes of the stick's movement, and no jumping around of the
numbers.
	An optical stick on USB would probably even work better.

	-Matt Bailey