[simpits-tech] TIG vs MIG

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Tue Jul 13 14:40:41 PDT 2004

Yes, our shop can do all types of welding including resistance spot
welding. The shop guys like the TIG as there is no loading of the machine
when welding different materials and we do them all, stainless steel,
regular steel, aluminum, titanium, brass, super pure copper and heavens
knows what else.

Gene,
	After looking at the price of the lcd projectors, it would be nice to get
the lcd panel. The only problem is they seem to be used only by the
colleges and larger businesses. Business usually only get rid of things
when they break. Our college went to
the projectors attached to the ceiling so as not to block the students
view. I am still looking at our surplus listing to see if any come
available. The ones my department surplused were the low res ones.

Fred Mahone