[simpits-tech] lcd panels

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Fri Jul 9 09:17:46 PDT 2004

I checked with our surplus personnel when they came by to make a pickup.
They have not had any panels turned in for about a year.

I did some further research and found some of the bigger manufacturers have
stopped making the panels as the demand has dropped off. The lcd projectors
are in greater demand.

I saw a couple of them on Ebay, but the good ones are almost as expensive
as a new unit. Then you price the lamps and get sticker shock!

I did see the train simulator running on a Viewsonic lcd projector at Comp
USA the last trip to Richmond and I will probably hold off
and see what I can do to try and get a full blown projector. I can make
double use of one for DVD movies and get the wife's OK.

Fred Mahone