[simpits-tech] Overhaulin'

Shira, Craig Craig.Shira at M7Aero.com
Wed Jul 7 11:17:59 PDT 2004

I wish they would come overhaul my cockpit :)

Craig
TA-4J

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-bounces at simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-bounces at simpits.org]On Behalf Of Fred Mahone
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 10:14 AM
To: simpits-tech at simpits.org
Subject: [simpits-tech] Overhaulin'

Marc,

	I missed that show. Went to their web site, was that a '91 Ford Explorer?
All of the rest seemed to be cars and pickup trucks.

	I have seen similar treatment done to make custom speaker housings for
vehicles. They used a nylon mesh to make curved surfaces, coated it with
resin, after that hardened they add a couple of layers of fiberglass. But
that does not sound like what they did to the console. Could be they added
a coloring agent to the resin? this can be done.

	Overhaulin" is not meant to be instructive but entertaining (maybe) so
they cut a lot of the information out. Could be they do not want people to
be able to do what they do for a living(?).

Fred Mahone

To unsubscribe, please see the instructions at the bottom of the above page.  Thanks!