[simpits-tech] Full Colour LEDs?

Al West mail at prbox.com
Mon Jul 5 02:05:49 PDT 2004

It must be old age setting in.  But a few years ago I swear I saw 3 and 5mm
full colour LEDs in an electronics catalogue (if I could remember which one
it would help).  Using PWM they are able to show 1000s of different hues.
I'm looking for them again and can't find them anywhere.  I seem to remember
they are 3 lead packages and around 7 UKP a unit, and no I'm not thinking of
tri-color LEDs.

I've tried googling but it's nightmare trying to find what I want using "LED
PWM hue OR colour OR color" in google.

Anyone come across them? Better still anyone used them?  Have the need to have
an 8 state indicator - but also the main reason if for a few consumer
projects I'm working on.

Though I'm not so confident they exist having seen a recent rise in LED
lighting using separate Red, Green, Blue LEDs to generate hue/brightness.

Cheers,
Al