[simpits-tech] parts

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Fri Jul 2 17:41:15 PDT 2004

Gene,

	I see Aerosource coming up with 206 cyclics from gunship upgrades. They
are the ones I got my anti-torque pedals and a cyclic pivot from.
Unfortunately, I already have a brand new grip with full wiring and do not
want to pay $255 just for the tube. They have had collective assemblies
occasionally.

	I have not decided whether I am going to use the cyclic pivot I obtained
as it is going to make interfacing to electronics a
headache. The one I drew up is easier to interface but a pain to machine.
The cyclic tube is going to be made by a company that bends tubing  for
aircraft use, I just have to give them dimensions. If you are interested, I
have a Hughes/MD 369/500 cyclic tube
and a Mason grip with no switches that will fit it in my "inventory" of
parts. The grip was "demilled" by partially grinding off the part
number, cosmetic but repairable. Aircraft Spruce has Otto pushbutton
switches that fit this grip, I do not know where to get the two position
trigger switch, although one did appear on Ebay a while back.

Fred Mahone