[simpits-tech] cable ties

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Fri Jul 2 13:33:52 PDT 2004

Gene,
	The one advantage cable ties have is the ability to anchor the cable along
its run. Most lacing is between connectors with
the cable in free space. I guess everything has its advantages and
disadvantages. I do use the recommended tie tool to set the ties
and cut them off. I, too, have been sliced by ties cut off by a pair of
diagonals, like being sliced by a scalpel.

	In use a lot now is the mesh tubing that can expand and contract to make a
tight sleeve. I have not used any of this but have seen it in newer
aircraft installs.

Fred Mahone