[simpits-tech] Windows Questions

Manuel Bessler manuel at varxec.de
Mon Jan 26 00:37:50 PST 2004

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 05:47:02PM -0500, Matt Bailey wrote:
> > Will MSFS run under Linux?
> >
> > Not that I could use Linux anyway - I don't have a beard or any
> > Birkenstocks :-)
> >
> > Richard
>
> 	I haven't even tried it. MS apps, from Age of Empires to Combat Flight
> Simulator 2 seem to hate Linux (or maybe Linux hates them.........),
> I've never managed to get any MS games working in Linux/WINE. However,

have you tried WineX, a version of wine specialized in games. its
basically wine plus a directX version written for wine.
www.transgaming.com
or get the CVS version from sourceforge for free.

> X-Plane runs beautifully under Linux. :) I do notice an audio problem
> with the latest official X-Plane version (7.30) that crashes the program
> right after attempting to load, BUT there is a Linux port of X-Plane in
> the works now so who cares. :D

i haven't seen any news on that linux port in a long time. it seems
abandoned. do you have any updates on this ?

But there's still flightgear... :-)
www.flightgear.org

> 	Btw, Linux isn't so bad......I don't have a beard and I don't even
> known what a Birkenstock is. :)

i don't have a beard either...
Birkenstock's are a kind of "sandal"

--
Opensource/Free Software: No Gates, No Windows