[simpits-tech] Community Service Announcement...

Ian Grant grant_ian at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 14:21:07 PST 2004

I'm a bit late, but Happy New Year to everyone!

I can't emphasise another point to much; TEST your
backup! I had to rebuild my PC (I'm still
"in-process"), and on trying to restore my data from
the current CD-backup, found that some CD/DVD players
write the data incorrectly... And it cannot be read by
the (new) hardware! (I have a Hitachi DVD RW that
seems to be going be failing - that's how I founf this
little problem. Now I have to persuade the thing to
work for about 20 minutes.

/Ian