[simpits-tech] One more PC case question.........

Joseph Fagner falcon4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 8 09:33:58 PST 2004

Common sense was outlawed years ago.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-bounces at simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-bounces at simpits.org] On Behalf Of Roy Coates
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 6:51 AM
To: Simulator Cockpit tech list
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] One more PC case question.........

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Sean Galbraith wrote:

> The *former* factory manager at my place of work (we work with all kinds
of
> hack_your_eyes_out stuff) had the most appalling safety policy... there
> were no safety glasses, earmuffs or masks in the place!
>
> He left, I bought a box of specs, and now stand over everyone (including
my
> boss) to make 'em wear them... I can't imagine loosing an eye, can you?
>
> <shakes head> some people!

When I started working here waaay back when everything was still in black
and white, I was in awe of all these ultra-smart Phd type folks - until I
saw one undoing a hex-headed bolt with a pair of wire cutters!  I've not
been in awe since.

Health and Safety is now ridiculous here, some machines have so many
safety guards on them they are simply impossible to use.

One of the bad things about the whole european crap is that you are no
longer allowed to use common sense.

Roy.