[simpits-tech] One more PC case question.........

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Thu Jan 8 12:51:10 PST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Sean Galbraith wrote:

> The *former* factory manager at my place of work (we work with all kinds of
> hack_your_eyes_out stuff) had the most appalling safety policy... there
> were no safety glasses, earmuffs or masks in the place!
>
> He left, I bought a box of specs, and now stand over everyone (including my
> boss) to make 'em wear them... I can't imagine loosing an eye, can you?
>
> <shakes head> some people!

When I started working here waaay back when everything was still in black
and white, I was in awe of all these ultra-smart Phd type folks - until I
saw one undoing a hex-headed bolt with a pair of wire cutters!  I've not
been in awe since.

Health and Safety is now ridiculous here, some machines have so many
safety guards on them they are simply impossible to use.

One of the bad things about the whole european crap is that you are no
longer allowed to use common sense.

Roy.