[simpits-tech] RE: making your own panels

Marc Quintin marcquintin at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 18:34:13 PST 2004

clear piece of plexiglas might not be the best solution for the panel since
the LED light (or whatever you use for a light source) would not diffuse
very much and it would be more like a spot of light.   But I would have to
do some testing to really check that out.   Hopefully something easily
obtainable like plexiglas would work as opposed to some sort of unobtainium.
  :-)

I was experimenting a while ago with a peace of plexi 1''x2'' and a led.
What I wanted to achive is the light to diffuse the lenght of the plexi. So
I took some sand paper and sand the plex in one direction. Gess what? it was
diffusing but in the opposit direction. Ufortunately the led had to be
position at about 1'' or more from the plex

Marc..