[simpits-tech] Requests for measurements - SHAME ON YOU

Marv De Beque mdebeque at woh.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 08:32:34 PST 2004

Andre,

Much of what you seek is much more intangible than you think.  There are no
F-16 CAD drawings from Lockheed-Martin on the WEB that you can simply pull
down and build an F-16.

Some of that data has been reverse engineered, but for reasons mentioned
before, there are no CAD drawings floating around and what ones are floating
around generally do not agree with each other for one reason or another.
www.xflight.de probably pulled those plans because there were known errors
in the dimensions, not because he is sadistic.

I can tell you from experience that reverse engineering parts, even real
parts, is much more effort than you think and I have a modest set of machine
tools at my fingertips.

While this may seem to be a major headache for you, most of the people I
have met find this to be a fun challenge to unlock.  I understand your
frustration, but the reality is what it is and people are not trying to be
"nasty" or secretive with their plans.  You catch more flies with honey than
vinegar.

Marv