[simpits-tech] making our own PANELS

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Thu Jan 1 15:32:23 PST 2004

Marv De Beque wrote:

> There is also one other hurdle that you didn't mention.  That is the
> painting.  The paint must be a precise thickness for a variety of
> reasons,
> including part of the engraving process.

I still think a thin sheet of black (or whatever color is needed) ABS, or
possibly that new color molded Lexan, solvent welded to a sheet of 1/8"
Lexan or Plexi would be better. No paint to scratch off and it could be done
with a normal CNC engraving setup instead of a laser.

I'm going to attempt to make my panels by printing what I need on
transparencies in negative, then contact printing those onto photographic
sheet film. If that doesn't work I'll skip backlighting them unless someone
out there has decided to make CRJ panels cheap enough that I can sneak 'em
past the chief financial officer and her mallet of castration.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net