[simpits-tech] Az Boneyards (was More real aircraft parts)

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 29 12:48:12 PST 2004

Steve,
You _ARE_ close to DM! Lucky!
I was snooping around Tucson International and saw the exact F-16's you are refer too. They flew overhead then landed.  Very cool. On the back side of the airport there were some airliners being salvaged.

At DM Ive seen lots of F-16's, A-10s and EC-130's. If you havent done it yet there is that road not far from the museum that lets you park not far from the end of the runway where the planes fly right over you as they land. The place that had all of the S-2s and F-8 Crusaders is right there too. It is a favorite place for picture takers. Here is K-tech Aviation's website http://www.k-techav.com/

I agree about the BUFF, that is a really cool cockpit. I'd trade the DC-8 for one :)
Justin

Hehe - watching fighters flying in the pattern!!  I live right under the approach to Tucson International, and Vipers fly over all the time.  When they are departing to the northwest, and it's an exercise where the package is eight aircraft, for something approaching five minutes I hear nothing but full throated AB for about 5 minutes.  Great stuff to watch, unless I'm tryin' to sleep or watch toobe.  Thanks for the tips on salvors - I do want a realie ACES II if I can snag one without mortgaging my right arm.  Driving around DM gives pretty much the impression you describe.  T'is a bummer seeing the cut up BUFF's though.  Then again, the forward section of a BUFF would make for an outstanding flight simulator!!

Steve W.