[simpits-tech] video question

Greg Cropp gcompc at totalspeed.net
Tue Feb 24 21:57:17 PST 2004

Windows XP comes with Microsoft Movie Maker built in for video editing;
it's a fairly decent program. If you don't have a capture card which is
just a way to connect a vcr or video input device with RCA jacks, check
for a firewire or USB input on your system. You can buy a device called
a Dazzle with RCA and firewire inputs and will have RCA, firewire or USB
output. You connect the vcr into the inputs and connect the dazzle to
your system by USB firewire or RCA jacks. The video editing software
will see it and you can record the video to the hard drive via the
software, edit it then record to CD, DVD or back to VCR. The Dazzle is
fairly inexpensive and comes in different models usually with some video
editing software such as Pinnacle. It's really easy these days.