[simpits-tech] video question

RickInNoCal at aol.com RickInNoCal at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 23:48:56 PST 2004

In a message dated 2/24/04 6:16:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jjmessenger at yahoo.com writes:

> I have just upgraded to windows XP and am interested in it's video editing
> abilities. It says you can copy none digital videos from VCRs and camcorders,
> but I dont understand how. Do I have to get an expansion card of some sort
> that has RCA or composite in?

Yes, to get analogue video into the computer you need either a capture card
or an external digitizer that will turn it into a digital signal.

Also, be aware that digital video, in it's raw form, makes VERY big files.
You can compress before editing, but that affects video quality badly.

Richard