[simpits-tech] Thread Hijack: Spaceship One Is Easy To Fly?

Steve Wilson mafsix at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 15:53:20 PST 2004

Argh, Toby.  Have you ever tried flying Precision Approach?  That's an
excellent shuttle simulator, and given the automation and outstanding HUD
presentation, I'm left with the feeling that the shuttle "Ain't No Big
Thang."  Dramatic as hell, expensive, heavy, etc., but once you've flown
10 - 20 approaches, it get's pretty easy.  Just like landing any other
engineless aircraft, which, I'm here to tell ya from experience, is a real
hoot.

Now, Spaceship One??  That itty bitty thingie's gotta be as squirrely as
they come.  You may not know this, but Burt Rutan's idea of a wind tunnel is
a pickup truck with a mount for the test item.  A real wildcat, that one.

Steve W.

...If you something real that