[simpits-tech] Software reports

Brian Sikkema hangr18 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 8 22:44:27 PST 2004

>Geez, Brian.  That's a loaded question.
Hehehe. But answered quite well, I should say!

>  The biggest convenience of OIR
>will be the single point of installation, as opposed to the conflagration
>of
>stuff that has to be done to get F4 installed on one's system in the most
>up
>to date form.
I may take another look at Falcon once that hits. As some of you might
remember, I used to be big into Falcon, and the modding world. But tracking
down everything I need for the "latest and greatest" sounds like a little
much just to play a game.

>Unfortunately, it would take hours to objectively describe the political
>infighting and incendiary histrionics that have gone on in the community -
>and I am but a distant outside observer.  I'm sure there are folks in this
>group that could unwind many a hairy war story about all the personalities,
>back stabbing, etc., that has gone on in the community.

I have seen some of it. Luckily I jumped ship before the worst of it, but I
was definitely there at the beginnings of all the rumblings. I'm sure if I
had stuck around with F4A and all that, I probably would have ended up
involved somewhere somehow. Sure am glad I wasn't, though. Working on Falcon
was a blast, but I have no interest in politics...

Anyway, thanks for the nut! Er, nutshell.... Nutshell from a nut? I dunno.
;) Thanks!

Brian