[simpits-tech] rotary encoder

RickInNoCal at aol.com RickInNoCal at aol.com
Thu Feb 5 17:20:18 PST 2004

I'd add that there are also 'stopless' rotary switches. The magneto switch on
my Cessna panel is actually a 360' ten-pole rotary, although only 5 poles are
used. (I just hapened to have it lying around) From "Both" I wold normally
just turn it back counter-clockwise to "Off" to shut down... but I could go
clockwise all the way round to "Off" as well.

The big thing to remember Steve, is what the switch is sending. A rotary
SWITCH tells you where it IS - a rotary ENCODER tells you which WAY it's turning.

Richard