[simpits-tech] Falcon multiple monitor support workaround

Erwin Neyt EagleEye at Eagle9Systems.com
Tue Dec 21 13:06:48 PST 2004

Hi Matt,

> So Falcon 4 can't run networked amongst several machines,
> with one master instance of the app on the main machine
> spitting out 3D coords to the other machines? I really think
> getting this to work would be the best solution by *far*, and
> computers are cheap these days.......

No, and in my HO this is the only proper way to do it. Like X-Plane
does.

And using head tracking to expand FOV, I think the only solution is to
keep the monitor always in front of the pilots head.
You should be able to construct something like a big X-Y table, but then
like half a circle with a monitor moving along side of it.
Hmm, bit hard to explane. At one our our customers they have an
apparatus which resembles this
(http://www.tm.tno.nl/research/perception.html)
Look a the picture in the top left and imagine not a speaker, but a
monitor on the beam. Makes sense? That way you could always put the
monitor there where the pilot looks, but I guess it wouldn't work
because of the latency involved (the repositioning of the monitor has to
be damned fast)

Again, better to wait for the proper support to do this.

Erwin.