[simpits-tech] Looking for Old Phidgets MSI

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Tue Aug 31 13:53:24 PDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, David C. Allen wrote:

> >I'm in the same position and did speak with Chester about this fairly
> >recently. I don't think Chester got the business from the sim community
> >that we all thought he would.
>
> I agree but you also have to have a easy interface to FS, for the
> non-software pit builders.
>
> Also when Project Magenta introduces PM Systems for the 737 the
> implementation of that software could consume 128 IO for just the overhead
> panel. So that looks like a perfect match for Phidgets.
>
> The 32 IO would cut down on the board count.
>
> >I don't know how hard/easy it would be for him to re-implement support for
> >the older phidgets.
>
> I am not a programer, so I have no Idea.

The 32 IO board was dropped from production some time ago and replaced
with the superior 16 board. You can't really expect 100% continued support
for an old product.

Phidgets are indeed ideal for sim-pitters but there aren't enough of us
buying them to make it a viable business for Chester.

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.
E-Mail: r.coates at liv.ac.uk