[simpits-tech] intercom

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Mon Aug 23 13:58:36 PDT 2004

This intercom was designed by someone else and I am just adding bells and
whistles.

It does have connections to the computer both in and out. I guess the in is
for simming over the Internet with friends. In its original configuration,
it uses standard computer headsets. My job, should I decide to accept it,
is to make it compatible with civilian and
military impedances. Of course, unless you have stereo headset conversion
of you headset, you will not get the spatial effect (gee,
I LIKE those fancy words!). This could be synthesized, but I do not have
that much smarts. Besides, my helicopter headset reduces
noise by 24db which cuts almost everything out but transmission gear whine
and rotor beat on a steep curve and in hover.

How much is the stereo effect needed? When I have flown it seems like the
seat of the pants feeling of flaps movement, landing
gear and such is felt more that heard.

Fred Mahone