[simpits-tech] Gettin spyware off

Steve Wilson mafsix at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 18:26:12 PDT 2004

John -

Spybot Search and Destroy is a shareware filter and cleaner upper.  Should
do the trick, the cost is very reasonable (donation) and frequently updated.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

AFAIK you can only unintall upgrades to IE, the basic browser is part of
Windows.  If you haven't done any Windows Updates of the browser, you're
stuck with a full system reinstall (mindwipe) to go the route you want.
That's prbably overkill.  All you need to do is clean up your cookies and
delete all of your temporary internet files from the tools tab/ internet
options section.  Most serious webheads use Mozilla for browsing since it is
immune to a lot of the junk that targets IE.

Steve