[simpits-tech] Fighter pilot truths...

RickInNoCal at aol.com RickInNoCal at aol.com
Thu Apr 1 00:28:36 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/31/04 9:09:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rhommel at tacoma.net writes:

> The
> best way to impress your neighbors is to fire rockets back at them.

Very, very carefully........

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Shannon Kramer's plans to fire a rocket toward his
girlfriend went awry when the firework ricocheted inside his car and dived
between his legs, bursting in a display that burned hair and skin from his feet
to his groin, police said.

Kramer, 35, told The Florida Times-Union he lit a fuse on the 6-inch-rocket,
but wasn't able to get it out the window of his Ford Mustang before it went
off.

Seconds later, after the rocket blasted around inside the car, Kramer was
burned and temporarily blinded.

``I thought I was dead,'' he said. ``I couldn't see, I couldn't hear. I went
to stand up and I couldn't walk.''

Kramer said he suffered second-degree burns and a cut on one leg. His
eyelashes and a lot of body hair are gone and an outline of his sandals is burned
onto his feet.

Jacksonville police were called to the explosion about 9:30 p.m. Sunday and
were told a man who had been threatening his girlfriend with a bomb had a
mishap.

Kramer said he was only playing a prank and was intending to fire the rocket
out the window as he passed.

Police referred the case to the State Attorney's Office, but prosecutors
declined to charge Kramer, police spokesman Ken Jefferson said.

Kramer said the rocket, which resembled a bottle rocket, was the diameter of
a golf ball.

``I had a couple but this was the biggest,'' he said. ``No more of those.''