[simpits-tech] Motorcycle input box

Marv De Beque mdebeque at woh.rr.com
Sun Sep 28 11:40:04 PDT 2003

I know the drill.  The first rifle I put together was an AR-15 with a scope,
bull barrel, and bi-pod.  Started with bench top shooting and I could
literally cut a strait line across the page at 100 yards until it fell into
two pieces.

That is when I got bored and sold it for my first competition rifle (M1a)
with iron sights.  I do 3-position shooting (standing, kneeling, and prone)
at 200, 300 and 600 yards without the scope.  David Tubbs has a 1,000 yard
course he teaches and I would like to give that a try next year.  You are
literally shooting at fly poop on the horizon at those  distances.

I still remember my first shot at 600 yards.  I was amazed that I actually
hit the target considering so many other competitors crossed fired on to
other targets.

Unfortunately there are not many places around here that have rifle ranges,
let alone long range ranges.  Typical length is 100 yards, which seems like
spitting distance after you shoot at 600 yards.  I use reduced targets for
practice, but you loose the wind adjustment factor at such short ranges and
don't get that skill.

Pistol shooting is new for me and a broad side of a barn at 50 yards is a
great target for me.  :-)))

Worse is my gunnery skills in F4!  However, ammo is a LOT cheaper, even when
you roll your own.

Well, all of that tired me out (still getting over this cold).  Later...