[simpits-tech] Motorcycle input box

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Sat Sep 27 14:21:22 PDT 2003

Brian Sikkema wrote:
> Hehe, I can see that. If I find anything of that nature I'll let you
> know.
> I'm poking around for intercom systems right now, my dad wants to put
> one on
> The Deuce(tm). That's my big project for the summer, get that thing
> restored
> in time for the 4th of July Parade. Right now it looks like I might
> be able
> to get a good 4-place aircraft intercom off eBay and just use that -
> and
> sure is a lot easier than building it! Then we'd have 3 jacks in the
> cab,
> driver and 2 passengers, and I'm thinking about setting up some sort
> of
> speaker/mic system for the troop area in the back.

Best bet there would be either FRS radios or what you've already thought of.

> I'm also looking for instructions on paint scheme and all of that. I
> found
> this page http://www.olive-drab.com/od_mvg_camo.php3 that does a
> pretty good
> job, but if anyone has any other ideas let me know.

Don't bother with rattlecans ;)

> I just found a page linked off that one with a source for the canvas
> cover
> and bows - $1,281.49!!! I gotta figure out how to make this thing
> myself,
> that's almost half as much as we paid for the truck itself! But my dad
> desperately wants one... so if anyone has any ideas/sources, I'd
> appreciate
> it!

I recently found a source of Sunforager canvas at $4/yd. If you were closer
I'd say to bring it over and I'd make the thing. Yes I can sew. I also carry
a .45. Anyone wanna make any comments concerning my masculinity? ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net