[simpits-tech] F16 C Hull thickness

shizznit at ihug.com.au shizznit at ihug.com.au
Thu Sep 25 22:46:50 PDT 2003

Re: [simpits-tech] F16 C Hull thicknessRoger that Marv :) Look forwrad to it,

Believe it or not... one time I chatted to a Crew Chief that I fly with online said it was "about 5 inches"... that was the very first measurement I ever got... and I pull out my tape... and thought... WOW??? Especially after I did the maths on a 1:20 scale drawing... and my measurements simply didnt come anywhere near that... one crew chef i know is transfering from Alaska to Kunsan so he will be out of touch for a while. He said to me... "He uses his hand as a reference because that width is about the same as his palm and that measure up to 3 inch"... He said he will check for me when he gets to his new base (dont know when that will be).

I might transfer this post over to the viperpit.org forum. I am sure there will be someone else out there who would chase up that measurement or know how wide it is.

Cheers,

Al
Sydney, Oz