[simpits-tech] F16 C Hull thickness

Marv De Beque mdebeque at woh.rr.com
Thu Sep 25 07:40:41 PDT 2003

Ha!

Here is another dimension for you!  I don¹t have that part in my stock
(although I have access to one at WP Museum).  However, I do have a real
F-16 canopy rail.

Measuring from the outer lip of the rail to the inside edge that rolls up it
is 4.5² (11.43 cm).

Since the locking arms are inside of the cockpit, that dimension from the
inside edge of the of the locking arms to the outer edge of the rail is
3.5².

I¹ll continue looking through my notes, but thee are individuals (Jim!) that
have actual cockpit frames that can give you a definitive answer.

Marv