[simpits-tech] Mail order

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Sep 24 13:58:11 PDT 2003

> Gene, sorry for sending this to the list but I can't contact you privately:
>
> The recipient geneb at deltasoft.com had permanent fatal errors.
> While talking to 199.254.199.45:
> 504 <2000s3>: Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname

Ahhh.  Your mail server is misconfigured.  This is the log notice:

Transcript of session follows.

 Out: 220 grumble.deltasoft.com ESMTP Postfix
 In:  EHLO 2000s3
 Out: 250-grumble.deltasoft.com
 Out: 250-PIPELINING
 Out: 250-SIZE 10240000
 Out: 250-ETRN
 Out: 250 8BITMIME
 In:  MAIL FROM:<robert at karobsiberians.com>
 Out: 250 Ok
 In:  RCPT TO:<geneb at deltasoft.com>
 Out: 504 <2000s3>: Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname
 In:  QUIT
 Out: 221 Bye

Instead of identifying itself properly, your mail server introduced itself
as "2000s3" which triggered my fqdn anti-spam trap.  You should get
someone to fix it. :)

You can reach me at geneb at simpits.org as well - I'm not using as strict a
filter set over there.