[simpits-tech] Power Supply

Robert Bibber robert at karobsiberians.com
Wed Sep 24 13:16:43 PDT 2003

No external switch.
I connect PWRGOOD to Ground and nothing happens. I connect PSON to ground and the fan spins for half a second then stops. I've tried various combinations with no effect.

Here is a link to the pinout diagram I am using (http://members.csolutions.net/dougm/images/dell/plugatx.htm)
The one on the left matches the plug on my Dell PS - the one on the right is a standard ATX plug.

One thing I noticed is that an ATX plug has 3 3.3v pins and the Dell has no 3.3v. On the ATX the 3.3v wires are orange, the Dell PS has three orange wires on a separate plug. Do you think this could have anything to do with it?

Rob Bibber
Karob Siberian Sleddogs
http://www.karobsiberians.com