[simpits-tech] Power Supply

Heidner, Troy W theidner at ku.edu
Wed Sep 24 12:09:33 PDT 2003

Rob,

All you should have to do is connect the PWRGOOD line to a GROUND line and
that's it.  You should be able to tell that you were successful because the
power supply fan should begin running immediately.  When the PWRGOOD line is
pulled low, +/-12V and +5V should be available from any of the connectors.
Many ATX power supplies also have a manual power switch on the back.  Make
sure that it is turned on.  Other than that, I can't imagine what else could
be wrong.  I use this method on the bench for quick power checks all the
time.

Troy