[simpits-tech] Good news for Falcon 4 fans

Steve Wilson mafsix at gci-net.com
Tue Sep 23 00:26:32 PDT 2003

>> I guess it had to happen........MORE EXE EDITS!!!!!   This bodes
extremely
>> well for the possibility of MFD and HUD video, not to mention keeping
this
>> old horse running at a full gallop.  Gotta love F4.

> Actually, it's not more EXE edits.  They've got the sources from G2I and
> they're building new binaries.  Regardless, that's a good thing for the F4
> community.

Incorrect, oh mudmover breath:  Directly from the posted link....

"Announcing F4-BenchmarkSims...  In an effort to improve Falcon 4.0,
Benchmarksims.com has retained an agreement with G2Interactive Inc.,
_to_modify_the_Falcon_4.0_source_code_ and to provide a free of charge, free
to download _executable_ to the community."

Ducks trout!!!

Bummer that my MFD excitement was premature, though.  OIR and FV are
vaporware for good reason, IMHO.  SP4 is still pending but due soon, and of
course, we now have the new kids on the block.  Why spend money on
development when so many are still working so hard to keep life in the
current platform?  F4 is the B-52 of flight sims.

Steve