[simpits-tech] Attached files?

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Mon Sep 22 21:06:23 PDT 2003

This probably won't change peoples' minds, but I seriously encourage everyone
to *never* send HTML. Plaintext is best. AFAIK the ONLY way for a virus to be
sent in text mode is via an attachment, the user actually has to open the
attachment manually to get the virus installed. At least when something like
OE gets a message with a virus in it but the virus was sent along with a
plaintext e-mail, it's not going to automatically install itself just by
reading the e-mail. Plus HTML hogs bandwidth, annoys dial-up users, etc.

	-Matt Bailey