[simpits-tech] Looking for batteries

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Sun Sep 21 16:58:29 PDT 2003

Joseph Fagner wrote:
> Let me give you my Sony laptop battery journey.  Had the same thing
> happen
> about a year ago.

Sony has major issues with their batteries. Most don't last 6 months, some
don't even make it to the end of the 30 day warranty.

> So, before you go "fixing" your battery, keep in mind my story.  It's
> fun
> pissing away $100 for a battery to work once and then have your
> laptop eat
> it.

Best way to deal with it is to buy an aftermarket battery, Energizer makes a
good one, with a longer warranty and don't leave the battery in the computer
if you don't need it. The other way is to get one of those external
batteries that velcro to the bottom of the laptop and plug into the charger
socket. About the same cost as a Sony battery, but 3 times the capacity and
they use NiMH cells that are easy to find and much less fragile.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net