[simpits-tech] Looking for batteries

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Fri Sep 19 01:28:06 PDT 2003

This isn't going to be fun. Here's the story. 3 years ago I bought a Sony
laptop. 2.5 years ago the battery died. 2.49999 years ago I had a screaming,
yelling, chair throwing fit after being told to piss off by Sony tech
support since batteries have basically no warranty. Being the stubborn guy I
am I decided tonight that instead of just buying a new battery when I order
all the new computer goodies that I'd open up the corpse and see what kinda
cells are in there. I knew it was a lithium ion pack, but had no clue past
that. I found 8 3.7v 1300 mAH cells, a pair in parallel, 4 pairs in series,
and a small board that evidently does all the magic LIon crap that scares
the bejeezus out of me (I've seen a LIon pack blow before). Ok, this I can
deal with, assuming I can find the cells. Anyone know where to find 8 Sony
US17670GR cells? Or am I going to be forced to buy a pack from somewhere?
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net