[simpits-tech] Eject!!!!!!!

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Wed Sep 17 03:28:15 PDT 2003

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Ah, so it's in the slow/park flyer category, much better.

Yup. I was digging around on GWS's site and discovered that they now have a
twin electric fan A10, a P51 that can handle retracts, and the Dragonfly is
theirs. Ever see a GWS receiver? Don't sneeze near one, it'll vanish ;)

> Ahhh, I LOVE my glow engines. :)

One of these days I'm going to try a different kind of infernal combustion
power source: an RNX composite rocket :) I can make the hardware on the
lathe and mix the fuel myself, so it won't be as expensive as the Aerotech
stuff. Hmm... an EPP sloper with a rocket motor mount stuck on somewhere
might be perfect. Mixed right, RNX can burn for a looooong time, like a
minute. Plenty of time to do silly things like 25g snaprolls ;)

> Ah yes, I have a Gentle Lady. Its problem is not really hangar rash,
> more
> like rough-field and barb-wire-fence rash. :) (I actually made it
> over the
> fence with the main wings, but the horizontal stabilizer caught the
> fence......I fixed the plane but it has never been quite right

I was at the field once and a new pilot who obviously has entirely too much
money came out with his brand new glass slipper of some kind, as his first
sailplane. I'm sure you know what a glass slipper is. Glass fuselage about
as big around as your thumb, glass and carbon over foam wings, 4 digit price
tag, tiny, unbelievably expensive radio gear, and all that. Horrible 1st
ships. He had flown a couple of power trainers years ago, but never anything
even close to as fast as this thing. He managed to get it up the winch
without killing anything (the wings were flexing about 6" at each tip) and
flew it around at mach 1 for a couple of minutes (yes guy, you can pull up a
bit without it falling out of the sky), shot a sloppy approach with no flaps
or crow, got it pointed in the right spot, and sheared off both wings and
the tail when he went through the BRIGHT ORANGE chainlink fence. As far as I
know the nosecone is still stuck in the dirt. That poor thing HAD to be
going 80 MPH when it hit the ground.

> broke. :) The Tiger is actually quite old.......got it for my 14th
> birthday (1996),

Old? OLD?!? My Prelude was built in 1988 and flew until 1998. My Sagitta kit
was made in the very early 80s IIRC. By 1996 I had built a Goldberg Eagle
II, Dynaflight P51, the Prelude, a Sophisticated Lady, and a bunch of HLGs
of various types. Damn younguns. Hold on while I hobble over there and beat
you down with my cane ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net