[simpits-tech] Video cards

Ido Dekkers idekkers at clicksoftware.com
Tue Sep 16 10:49:59 PDT 2003

You'll save a lot of money ( and gain a little bit of speed) if you drop
the Audigy and replace the board to an nViadia one like the asus a7n8x.
the sound you will get is better and the board is a lot faster.
I would also recommend to go with the 2500 and not the 2400 since it can
run 333MHz bus and not the 266MHz bus - you will see an amazing difference
in speed and they should be less then 10$ apart.
A twinhead PCI will be a bit tricky since they are very scares these days.
try this link :
http://tomshardware.bizrate.com/marketplace/search/search__cat_id--405,prod_id--7386917,keyword--nvidia%20pci.html

Ido

             "Bubba"
             <mysticz28 at swbell
             .net>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  "Simpits"
             simpits-tech-boun         <Simpits-tech at simpits.org>
             ces at simpits.org                                            cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/16/2003 05:01          [simpits-tech] Video cards

             Please respond to
             Simulator Cockpit
                 tech list
             <simpits-tech at sim
                 pits.org>

I had been planning on putting a 128m GeForce4 Ti4200 in the new machine,
but recently I've read that it's not the best choice these days. Anyone
know
what the best AGP card under $150 is? The rest of the machine is easy:

ECS K7S5A Pro
Athlon 2400+
Soundblaster Audigy
1 gig RAM
DVD-RW and DVD-ROM
Cool case with lights and windows and LCDs and stuff

The K7S5A might not be the biggest, baddest board on the planet, but I have
one in this machine and it works perfectly. I'm being cheap and recycling
RAM so I need the pair of PC133 slots. I'll also need to find a good
twinhead PCI card since it looks like I'll be able to afford a pair of 19"
monitors (total of 3). Glad I have a MIG welder in the garage. I'll need it
to build a desk capable of holding this thing ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net