[simpits-tech] Good news for Falcon 4 fans

Jean-Yves SURFIN' surfer.man at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 29 22:38:14 PST 2003

Hi there,

Three weeks ago, I write a mail to G2I  Manager, Mr Cavanaugh
claude.cavanaugh at g2interactive.com

Here is the copy of my message  :

Begin

Hello Mr Cavanaugh,
I take some time to write to you about Falcon 4.
I introduce myself.
My pilot callsign is Surfin’
As you guess, I’m a Falcon 4 simulator fan.
I’m a pilot member in virtual squadron.
http://www.quebecairforce.com <http://www.quebecairforce.com/>
Almost one year ago, In addition, I start to build a F-16 cockpit
replica (1:1 scale) and my project is to interface it with the Falcon 4
software.
So, when a light is on or off, a switch is pressed, any event appear,
the same occurred in a real time in my cockpit replica.
As, it’s an huge work, I’m register in a cockpit builders for the
construction (measurements, tips
)
It’s like a model kit but at 1:1     “smile”
Here is some cool links about my friends cockpit builders (all are
individuals like me, no company or business at all)

We are on whole earth (Europe, USA, Australia
)
http://www.bosnjak.com/default.htm

and  here is our F16 Viper Forum :
http://www.viperpit.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

and here is my virtual 101th squadron forum
http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/89271

 Of course, the next step after wood and metal construction is the
electronic section and the handling software events.

Since the early beginning of Falcon4 thru the most recent (Superpak 3
version), the sharing of datas (input events and output events) is a
problem (
nightmare
) to “intercept” them and send them to a In/out card
like EPIC http://www.flightlink.com/epic/epicusb.html

As you could see on the website, this card can drive switches, lights
and analogic needles gauges.  In fact every events
 !!

As, all the virtual pilots can see recently, Falcon OIR is now coming

Is that possible to imagine a software development interface by G2
Interactive to handling this.

It could be :

.  A separate and stand alone software (free or not) compliant with
Falcon OIR  and  EPIC card

            or         .  Some checkable options in Falcon4 setup menu
like :
                                   EPIC datas handling mode
on / off
                                   MFD  on separate video screens :  on
/ off
                                   HUD  on separate  video screen     on
/ off

            or         .  The complete list of datas events and hex
address so the user could write a script

          or         .   something else

Really, I have to say that we (actual and future cockpits builders) are
numerous to wait this kind of interface.

In the future, It could be a standard interface present on all your
simulators software.
Something like  “In/Out Datas Sharing compliant”  mention on the box
(what a serious reference during benchmarks, press’s previews and beta
testing
 )
G2 Interactive will be the first to propose this to virtual pilots

Believe me, it will be a total revolution in the simulation community to
have a combat simulator really “open” to programmers like Microsoft’s
Flight Simulator.

If you agree, all the community will be with G2 Interactive in this
project (help, advices, beta testing
)

We believe in G2I.

Hope to read you soon,
All the best to you and your G2I  company !

Sincerely yours,
Jean-Yves Surfin’ Jouanny

.End

Jean-Yves «Surfin'» Jouanny