[simpits-tech] RE: Ded for Falcon4 ( A little of history )

Da Shizznit shizznit at ihug.com.au
Wed Oct 29 19:49:33 PST 2003

Hi Pigi,

Sorry I am a little late on to this topic... But... wow! well done.
Jean-Yves sums it up very well. Now we are getting ICPs in the community. it
will be awesome to have matching DED with that. In my flying, the DED plays
an important part. Probably receive far less attention than it deserves both
by pitters and flyers.

During refueling, I switch my DED to display bingo fuel setting... from
there I can see fuel flow and know how much fuel I still need to pump into
my jet before I am full. In a 1vmany dogfight. That is a timing cue for me
to know if I am slowly getting towards a flame out state and tell myself I
better kill them all before that happens. Having that information on the DED
keeps me looking in the 2D or no1 cockpit view without the need to look down
right at the guage. At times when you are doing rolling scissors or trying
to hold onto the tanker when its in a turn. The DED gives me the peace of
mind knowing the information I need is there :)

I am so glad that you made such break through with it. I will also be
interested to know how much it cost you to do it. Due to the fact I am an
electricially disabled person. I only recently worked out AC/DC wasnt just a
rock band hehe.

Cheers,

Al
Sydney, Downunder.