[simpits-tech] RE: VB programming for MSFS

RickInNoCal at aol.com RickInNoCal at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 21:49:57 PST 2003

Mark:
<<I was wondering if anyone else out there has developed any
programs with the VB SDK?? I am new to the programming of
sim stuff and can't seem to get anything out of MSFS.>>

By using Chris Brett's "FSHello" program that comes in the FSUIPC SDK as a base, I've been able to get a few simple apps to work fine. I was working on a (much simplified!) sort of Project Magenta external main panel, but was stuck on the graphics (I was able to display the readings digitally, but getting acceptable looking graphical gauges was proving beyond my artistic skills)

My most recent one is a Radio Panel. It displays the same info as the MS radio stack, only as a standalone .exe program, so you could run it on a different computer running WideFS. That works fine, but I am going a different route (Parallel port connection to LCDs and a physical panel)

Richard