[simpits-tech] Re: Projector Screen

Jim K. JimK at sisna.com
Mon Oct 20 10:03:29 PDT 2003

Jay,
I'm not sure what the actual CPU usage is with the computer scaling
method.   You can probably find that type of info on that AVS forum.  By
the way the guys in HT (Home Theater) call these computers HTPCs.   Most
people don't use the computer scaling method since few people want to mess
with booting up and operating a computer to watch a DVD.  Its not very kid
of wife friendly.  :-)))

But the HTPC will give you virtually the same quality as a separate and
dedicated high end video scaler.   Go to that AVS forum and there is tons
of info on HTPCs.   If I put together a projector system for F4 I know I'll
use some sort of scaler
Jim