[simpits-tech] Projector impressions

Bob Phillips rip3700 at charter.net
Sat Oct 18 19:53:35 PDT 2003

I was talking to some home theater company rep here is Dallas.  He said
(probable so he could sell me his screen) that if you don't tension the
fabric correctly, you can get hot spots and uneven intensity on the screen.
I was thinking about doing a screen a tad bigger than 7x5.  Where did you
get the material and how much per sq. foot did it run you?

JoAnn fabrics - bought it about 5 years ago for $30-35.  If I remember
correctly you could order it in larger sizes, but it was more pricey.  Sorry
that I missed you, did see Joab (he saved my life by bringing an extra
chair), reminded me of the simpits convention.

Bob