[simpits-tech] Hello All

harold enos fliper56789 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 4 07:01:06 PDT 2003

Hi Rod,
The outside view setup i have seems to work good, when you first start flying it's more like looking through monitors yes, but once you start to settle back and do all the things involved in flying someplace ect......your head kinda gets fooled and you find yourself looking right and left for them there land marks ect...that you would do in real flying, and the monitors and their casings seem to be not there at all...more like windows at that point,( but lacking in the true depth we have in the real world yet).
Maybe down the road in a year or so...a mirror system or projectors will be reality.
I'm going to spend this winter building the  Radio stack all will be working and hope also to get a gps going.
The next few weeks will see the finishing of the enclosed cockpit shell (I hope)
Best
Phil

Rod Dale <rodd at castle.net.au> wrote:
Hello Harold,
Welcome - it's great to have another "youngster" in the club !!! I crossed that point in my life last month :-)
Had a look at your sight - the outside view setup is really good. How realistic is it  ? - does it feel like you are looking out of a window or looking at monitors ? I'm using a projected view myself, as the windscreen shape of an F-111 doesn't lend itself to multi monitor. It's a more expensive way to go as eventually I will need 2 projectors to get the desired angle. (I have one older projector now but the max resolution is 640x480).
Keep up the good work.
Rod